Monday, February 16, 2009

She's Crafty!

And yes, yes you should be singing the title of this entry as the Beastie Boys in your head.

I've been working on a crocheted pillow for CoasterGirl for the last week or so. It's a medium-sized project, I guess, and I wanted a little instant gratification. So, I took a night or two out to crochet a cotton bath puff.



Isn't that just the cutest little thing? I modified this pattern by Priscilla Hewitt by eliminating the last round to make it a little less bulky, in the hopes that the cotton would dry out between showers.

What's that you say? What about my knitted scarf for my class? Oh, it's turned into just a really long practice swatch, with different stitch patterns and techniques at varying intervals. I'll be taking it out and salvaging the yarn for something else after our class ends, I imagine. I found some nifty yarn that I'm planning to knit into a scarf once class is over. And the teacher gave us a simple, cute knitted shrug pattern we can work on once we learn increasing and decreasing next week.

And then there is this adorable lacy cropped cardigan on the cover of the latest Crochet Today! magazine that I really want to make for myself. So many projects, so little time! I think I may be a little obsessed.

No comments: