Friday, February 6, 2009

Hooking Redux

I finished CoasterGirl's shrug late Wednesday night - I really like how it turned out. It fits her fine, as long as it's over a tank or a thin shirt. I was a little worried about that, because the pattern is for a girls' 5/6, and she's definitely a 6, almost a 7. I think this project would be even better in a mercerized cotton (rather than acrylic) in a fun color - maybe a variegated pink or purple. I may wait until I get her a new spring dress, then pick a complimentary color and make a second shrug.




I got such a boost from completing a project! It's gotten me all excited about crochet again. In fact, I went out and bought a book and a crochet magazine with lots of great patterns today. So many great projects, so little time! I found a listing for a local yarn store in the next town over - I can't wait to go check it out.
But for now, it's back to practice, practice, practice on the knitting. I can tell I've gotten better (or at least more consistent) - my stitches look more even, and I'm getting quicker, too. Looking forward to class on Monday.
W. thinks I'm weird.

No comments: