Sunday, January 25, 2009

Couch to 5K Update

As of Friday, I've officially completed Week 1 of the Couch to 5K program - woo-hoo!

Surprisingly, even though it's been about 6 months since I've done any kind of regular running, Week 1 was fairly easy for me. It wasn't until my last interval that I really had to push - and that's probably due in large part to the fact that my route takes me uphill during that last 60-second run. Several times, I didn't want to stop running when my little podcast friend said it was time!

I remember the first time I attempted this program, more than a year ago - I couldn't even complete the first day's workout without feeling as though my lungs would explode. It's nice to know that I'm in better cardiovascular shape these days, even if there's huge room for improvement.

Here's to staying on the wagon, and to Week 2. And to friends who keep me motivated, just by kicking butt themselves. Cheers!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Go girl!!!!!! That's awesome- thanks for the link- I'm starting soon.