Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again


Yep, I'm back in the saddle again. Counting those Weight Watchers points and following the Couch to 5K running plan.

Have you ever noticed that when you're dieting or trying to start a new exercise routine, you find yourself obsessing? Thinking about it all the time, and planning your meals and snacks meticulously? Or is that just me?

At any rate, I feel pretty good about the running. I was doing great last spring/summer, but fell off the wagon when we went on vacation in San Francisco. I can't wait to get back to full-on 3 mile runs!

The dieting? Not so much. I mean, I know the plan works - I lost 20+ pounds 2 years ago following it. I just don't like doing it - mostly because I obsess, as noted above. At any rate, I've only got about 10 pounds to lose (actually, closer to 5 after last week on plan) and I guess I just need to power through it and get it done. And get better about passing up the temptation to eat fast food all the time.

Maybe I need a personal chef - or hey - I never did get that housekeeper for Christmas. I totally need Alice from the Brady Bunch to come live with me.

No comments: