Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Snip Snip Sniff Sniff

CoasterBoy got his first haircut yesterday, and of course, I cried like a baby.

W insists that it was time - and he's probably right. The sides and back were getting long and unruly, but I just loved it when the hair in the back curled, and I liked to play with those golden curls. *sigh*

At any rate, the stylist, Nora, was very sweet and gave me a lock of hair to keep, and a card to keep it in. She left the top alone, and just cut the sides and back.

CoasterBoy looks so grown up now that he has a little boy haircut. It makes me sad in a way that his 2nd birthday didn't - why is that, do you suppose?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, that first haircut is such a big milestone! Noah's been having regular haircuts since he was 6 months old...shaggy beast that he is! So, I was the one to give him his first trim and, frankly, I was very unsentimental about it because he needed it...badly! Lilah, otoh, didn't get her first haircut until she was 3 and it was at a salon. It was a big deal and a big day! I got a little misty about it, too. That haircut was verification that she was growing up...sniff, sniff.